Requirements | Project Management | Process & Quality | Magazines
Requirements Engineering and Business Analysis Resources
- Enfocus Solutions
- Offers a wealth of helpful information in a very active blog, a series of short videos on various requirements
topics by Karl Wiegers, and information about their powerful new tool,
Enfocus Requirements Suite, for requirements elicitation, specification, and management. Enfocus Requirements Suite
includes eLearning training materials licensed from Process Impact.
- Modern Analyst
- A community for business and systems analysts, with forums, blogs, books, training courses, and other resources.
- Business Analyst Times
- A resource for business analysts that provides articles, blogs, white papers, on-line training, and more.
- Bridging the Gap
- Laura Brandenburg's site to help new business analysts in their career. Includes a blog, books, training courses, and other helpful materials.
- Seilevel specializes in providing requirements development services to software teams. They also have a series of requirements training videos.
- The Requirements Networking Group
- Articles, forums, blogs, and tool vendor links "for the professional development of people who capture and manage requirements for complex and critical systems development projects."
- INCOSE's Requirements Management Tools Survey
- A feature comparison for some 35 commercially available requirements management tools
- Atlantic Systems Guild's Requirements Management Tool Descriptions
- Descriptions of many tools useful for dealing with requirements.
- Requirements Development Tools:
- Some of the products that can assist with requirements elicitation, analysis, modeling,
simulation, and validation are Blueprint's Requirements Center,
Serlio Software's CaseComplete, and
Project Management Resources
- Method123 offers a comprehensive set of project management templates for project initiation, planning, execution, and closure.
- Rothman Consulting Group
- Johanna Rothman is a consultant, speaker, and author on software quality and project management.
Her web site has a lot of her articles and other useful things.
- Catalysis Group
- Payson Hall of Catalysis Group is an excellent speaker and expert project management consultant and trainer.
- This site provides a comprehensive list of universities that offer, well, master's degrees in project management.
Process and Quality Improvement Resources
- Clarrus Consulting Group
- Jim Brosseau, Principal of the Clarrus Consulting Group, offers a variety of high-quality process improvement consulting and training services.
- Construx Software Builders
- Steve McConnell's site; many useful checklists and other items available here.
- Methods and Tools
- Franco Martinig's on-line magazine "provides free practical knowledge and information on all topics of application development and
software engineering" with some in-depth articles by various industry writers.
- Software Engineering Institute
- The SEI provides information about various capability maturity models
and many technical reports on a wide variety of software engineering and process improvement topics.
- SR/Institute's Software Quality HotList
- Links to many web sites with software quality information; "the first stop in technical development related to software testing and software quality issues."
- The Software Quality Page
- Another list of links to software quality resources.
- Brought to you by the publishers of Better Software magazine, StickyMinds.com
is "the online resource for building better software." It provides a wide variety of resources for all aspects of software quality improvement.
- A bimonthly, refereed periodical that has increased its emphasis on practicality in recent years.
Well-written papers and columns include experience reports, how-to pieces,
research studies, survey results, and opinion essays.
- Better Software
- An excellent periodical that addresses many current topics on software quality and testing. Its high-quality articles are complemented
by a great visual design.
- Subtitled "The Journal of Defense Software Engineering," it includes many useful articles on process improvement, even if you
aren't in the defense software business. The articles are relatively short and easy to read.